Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sock It To Me



I've been rather remiss at not updating the crap interesting tidbits on my sidebar. Although, in my defense, I have updated daily the total from the sale of my Hugs and Kisses Socks pattern. It's inching ever closer toward $600.00, which I think is completely amazing. A heart-felt thanks to everyone who's purchased a copy and especially to those who've paid more for the pattern than I'm asking. Maybe I should throw down the gauntlet and have a little contest among those who've purchased the pattern if the total reaches $750.00. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

In an effort to do at least a little blog housekeeping, I added a button for one of the knitalongs I recently joined.



My motivation behind joining this knitalong was to give me an incentive to finish the three socks languishing in my knitting basket. All three are just waiting for their mates. But, of course, as is true of most of my attempts at using knitalongs to motivate me, I instead cast on for a totally new pair. And, I finished the first last night. Now I have four sock waiting for mates. *sigh*



The yarn is the Twinkletoes sock yarn sold by Ebay seller lotusblossom. I was immediately drawn to this colorway because it reminded me of cookies my Italian aunt always served us when we made the trip into East Boston to visit her.



Alas, Stella D'Oro cookies are nowhere to be found in Salt Lake City. For now, I have only my one sock to comfort me, and that doesn't taste so good dipped in milk.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.