Wednesday, January 05, 2005

What's Cookin'


So, you may be wondering what the hell I’ve been knitting the past few days. As usual, I’ve started more things than I’d care to admit. But I finished a few, too. I’ll start with the FOs. First is a pair of socks that I knit out of some Opal Handpaint that Tine sent to me.



Yes, they’re knit entirely in stockinette stitch and I make no apologies for that. I finished these the day after Christmas and it was completely relaxing to just knit round, and round, and round, and round without any thought or counting. They fit great, too. DS has been eyeing them but I love them too much to give them up. The yarn is wonderful and, like all Opal yarns, it softened up after washing and bloomed nicely.

My second FO is the second sock from my Hugs & Kisses pattern (of course).



I made a big dent in the second sock in the car on the way home from Las Vegas and finished it while I watched the University of Utah Fightin' Utes crush Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl. The only good thing about living 7 hours by car from Vegas is all the knitting that can be accomplished on the ride. I told Margene that the best part of this last trip was that I was in the car knitting for 14 hours but spent only 16 hours in Vegas--one of which was spent in a yarn shop and eight of which were spent sleeping. Can't beat that.
I think I’ll make another pair of these for DD from grey and pink yarn when Marti's knitalong starts, but I’ll probably make them as ankle socks and just work one of the pattern charts. See, the pattern possibilities are endless! Buy it now and do some good in Southeast Asia.


Tune in tomorrow for the beginning of a parade of newly started projects. Oy!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.