Tuesday, January 18, 2005

WIP Revealed


If you guessed that the picture of this week’s WIP was an Eyelet Rib Wristlet from Terri’s pattern, you were right.



I cast on for these in the morning and finished both by evening. It’s truly remarkable how much warmer I was once I started wearing them. Who would’ve thought. These wrist warmers and my Hugs & Kisses socks are the two patterns being knit in the Knit Your Bit Knitalong. Terri is donating all the proceeds from the sale of her pattern to Unicef.

But, wait, that’s not all folks. After seeing the wonderful fingerless mitts being knit by Norma and Siow Chin, the allure of Jody’s Natalya pattern became too strong. So, I cast on for those, too! I was only able to finish one and you can guess from the perfectly manicured fingers who saw it and snatched it right up.



I altered Jody’s pattern only slightly. After completing the thumb gusset, I knit two pattern repeats instead of one and then knit the k1, p1 rib for 5 rounds instead of 4. I also used a sewn cast off. For the thumb, I picked up two stitches at the base of the thumb which gave me 17 stitches instead of 15. And, I knit 7 rounds for the thumb instead of 6. I bound the thumb off rather tightly so it wouldn’t flare.

The yarn for both the wrist warmers and the Natalya fingerless gloves is a lambswool and angora blend. Wanna know where I got it? If you come back tomorrow I’ll show you.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.