Friday, February 25, 2005

Curse or Blessing



Since I can’t leave well enough alone, I fiddled a little with the Charlotte’s Web Shawl pattern. I didn’t like the fact that the double-decreases were all done the same way, which means that they slant into the center on one side, and away from the center on the other side. So, I substituted a centered-double-decrease each time the sl1-k2tog-psso decrease appeared on the chart. You can see what my version looks like here:



And, yes, I did start another Charlotte. But, no, I’m not finished with it yet. I still have one, 16-row repeat to go.

I’m knitting this one from some jumper-weight Shetland wool I had in my stash. You can't tell from the picture, but it’s a pretty, light orange color with flecks of red. I plan to wear it on Selection Sunday when I cross my fingers for my alma mater. I really like how Charlotte looks in a solid yarn. The lace pattern is very interesting but the variegated yarn hides it too much. That said, however, I just might have paid a visit to my LYS to pick up some Koigu for the next one.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.