Friday, March 25, 2005

WIP Revealed


Well, everyone who guessed the WIP of the Week guessed correctly. That’s some kind of record! It is, indeed, the Shedir chemo cap from the special breast cancer awareness edition of Knitty. As you can see, I didn’t get very far after I posted the first picture:



Once I get rid of this splitting headache, I intend to finish it because it’s working up just beautifully. Jenna's pattern is wonderful. And the Rowan Calmer; oooooh like heaven to knit with. When I started the cap, I didn’t have a recipient in mind but was just intrigued by the pattern. Unfortunately, there is now someone in my neighborhood who will need this cap shortly. So I have even more incentive to finish it.

New Pattern In The Works


Although I didn’t knit much on my Shedir, I did have some great ideas for a new pattern one morning about 2:30 a.m. Since I couldn’t sleep anyway, I jotted the ideas down and knit up a prototype yesterday. It’s drying right now or I’d show it to you. I’m pretty pleased with it; it’s different than anything I've seen out there (although I can't profess to having seen every pattern ever published).

Would anyone out there be interested in test knitting the pattern for me??? It’s not a sock, and it doesn't take that long to knit. Heck, I have the flu and I made mine in a day. I can’t offer much, but I’m sure we can work something out. Send me an email (knitsandwrits at yahoo dot com) and I’ll give you more details.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.