Monday, April 18, 2005
WIP of the Week
Here's the WIP of the Week:
Last Chance to Bid on My Branching Out Scarf
Today is the last day to bid on the Branching Out Scarf I knit (and knit, and knit) when I created the pattern that was published in the Spring issue of Knitty. The bidding is now up to $95.00!
Mother's Day is right around the corner. What better gift to get your Mom than a fabulous mohair and silk scarf. And, best of all, I did all the work! But, you can tell her that all the money you paid for it went toward breast cancer research.
If you missed it the first time, here's how the auction works:
- If you’d like to bid on the scarf, send an email to me at this address: BranchingOutScarf at gmail dot com
Or just click on this picture:
- Put the amount of your bid in the subject line of the message (that way I don’t have to open each message).
- Each day, I’ll delete all the messages except the one from the person who has submitted the highest bid.
- Each morning I’ll post the amount of the high bid so you can bid again if you're not the high bidder.
- I’ll close the bidding on April 18th. The person who has submitted the highest bid by the end of that day, gets the scarf.
- The highest bidder will then send me a check made out to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Once I get the check, I’ll send out the scarf.
Got it? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me. And spread the word!
Good luck and please bid high; it’s for a good cause and the scarf really is fabulous. And don't forget -- all the money from the sale of the scarf goes straight to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. So bid now; don't miss out.
If, by chance, you're not the high bidder when the auction ends, you can still knit a scarf for your Mom (or yourself). In fact, there's a wonderful knitalong for the scarf going on right now. Check it out; there are some beautiful scarves being knit.
Who's linking here?