Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Footlets


I had a little time to catch up on some blog reading this weekend and noticed the Alison is gearing up to make some footlets this summer. This topic comes up frequently on the Socknitters List as members of that list search for footlet patterns. One of the first sock patterns I designed was a pair of "carrot" footlets I made for my daughter many, many years ago:



After knitting this pair, I decided that I prefer knitting footlets with both a mini heel flap and a short-row heel. I've found that they stay on nicely without slipping down when worn.

If you're looking for a pattern with a pom pom like the ones Alison knit, there's a nice pattern on MagKnits. Just click here. I haven't knit up this pattern, but it looks pretty straight-forward.

If you want to try a vintage pattern, this look interesting (click on the photo to get to the pattern):



I haven't knit this pattern either. It appears slighly more complicated since it's knit on two needles and then seamed up the top (?). Slightly weird. Although, they do appear as though they will fit very snugly.

If you can read German, there's a free pattern here. These also appear to be knit, at least in part, on two needles. Perhaps it's just a German translation of the vintage pattern because the two look strikingly similar. Can anyone confirm that?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.