Friday, May 27, 2005

We Have a Winner


The winner of my WIP contest is Rachel (Rachel didn't leave a blog address). Her guess of 25,317 stitches was off by only 54 stitches. Although, I’m still a little confused as to how she came up with a number that’s not divisible by 101, given that there are 101 stiches in each row?? The guesses ranged from a low of 261 stitches (which I'm hoping was a typo), to a high of 256,000 submitted by a wonderful, albeit, math-challenged blogger.

Here’s the calculation:
I've completed a full 7 repeats of the 32-row pattern, plus an additional 18 rows of the 8th repeat. Add to that, the 9 rows in the border then multiply the whole thing by 101 and you get . . . .
25,351 stitches. Yikes! And I'm only slightly more than half-way finished.
Thanks for everyone who played along!


Diversions


Here are some photos of my garden so you can see what's been occupying most of my time.

First, my largest lavender bush is just about to flower.



Then, my Peonies (or, pee-ooooo-nee, as it’s pronounced in the West) are enormous this year; probably because of all the rain we received this spring.



And finally, my first Poppy opened up this morning.



Have a great holiday weekend.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.