Friday, May 20, 2005

WIP Revealed


Well, Miriam was right. The WIP of the Week started out as a 1x1 ribbed strip with a lifeline. But, a few days later it was transformed into this:



Pattern: Ribbed Shrug by Pam Allen
Yarn: Paton's Katrina

Why the lifeline? Because this shrug was originally begun by the incomparable Lauren who decided it just wasn't her cup of tea. Since DD has been hounding me to make her a shrug, Lauren and I did a little swapy thang and the shrug made its way from CT-2-UT. I put in the lifeline until I was sure I could get the same gauge as Lauren. And, it turned out to be a wise move because I had to try three different needle sizes until I found the right one.

We're off to Italy in a couple of weeks and DD is planning her entire vacation wardrobe around this little beauty. Prego!!

P.S.

Just in case you think DD is all fluff and no substance, here she is 30 minutes after the shrug photo was snapped.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.