Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wednesday = Stash Sale


I have a couple of balls of novelty yarn for today's edition of Stash Sale Wednesday. First up are two skeins of Crystal Palace Splash color # 7232 ("seafoam").



Retail is around $10.00 per skein. Both skeins can be yours for $12.50 plus shipping.

I also have one skein of Knit One/Crochet Too Tartelette in color #652 ("ocean storm").



This retails for $11.00 a skein and I'm asking $7.50.

Email me if you're interested in either the Splash or the Tartlette.

Florence


After our two days in Venice, we hopped on the Eurostar train and headed to Florence. I'd forgotten how hot and crowded Florence can be in the summer. Yuck! But the day we arrived we dropped our bags at the hotel and made our way to the Accademia. Fortunately, the line was fairly short and we waited only about 20 minutes to enter. We used the same approach the next day with the Duomo and the Uffizi (i.e., getting into line about 1.5 hours before closing time). Although the early morning line for the Duomo was huge, we literally walked in without a wait that afternoon. And around 4:30, the wait to enter the Uffizi was less than half an hour. That morning, we had taken a bus to the town of Fiesole which is situated on a hill overlooking Florence. What a great view of Florence, huh:



There are some Roman ruins in Fiesole and a small, but nice, museum.



Before we left for our trip, Lu sent me an email with a couple of Florence yarn shop recommendations. Tomorrow I'll have photos of the loot!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.