Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fire Aftermath


Thanks a million to everyone who commented and sent emails about the school fire I blogged about yesterday. My daughter is still upset, but was somewhat assauged by the Superintendent's promise to keep the kids and teachers together at a different facility. How the District intends to accomplish that, won't be revealed until next week. But we're crossing our fingers. In the meantime, you can see what the school looked like before the fire if you watch the movie "Life is Ruff" which was filmed at the school and will premiere on the Disney Channel this Friday. *sob*

Venice Socks


I got several comments and a couple of emails about the pattern I used for the socks I knit from the Regia 6-ply yarn I got in Venice. It's the same pattern I posted on April 20th.

rnd 1: knit
rnd 2: k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk

This is the third pair of socks I've made from this stitch pattern and I still love it. I used it with some Regia Jubilee yarn that Tine sent me and with some Fortissima that Kadri sent me.

Ciao Roma


Here are the last of my Italy photos. We ended our trip in Rome but I didn't have a chance to search for yarn shops. We actually stayed with my cousins who live in a small hill town outside of Rome and day-tripped. Here's a photo of DD and her crazy looking "Carbonara" pizza which violates the "don't eat anything bigger than your head" rule:



Speaking of heads, check out the Sophia Loren sunglasses perched on the top of her head. That was the first thing she bought in Florence.

And here's the last photo we took. All of us sitting on the steps of the house my grandfather lived in before he emigrated to the United States in the 1920s.



How cool is that.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.