Friday, August 05, 2005

Answering My Own Question


Here's my answer to the question I posed to all of you on Monday.

My most prized knitting possessions are:

#1. The Holz and Stein ebony and rosewood circular needles that Tine has sent to me.



I love, love, love these needles for lace. The tips are just pointy enough and the wood is not too slick or too sticky. Perfect! A grrl can never have too many H&S needles.

and

#2. This wonderful, fabulous, amazing, vintage Vogue Knitting magazine.



I picked up this little beauty at a local second-hand store for the whopping sum of fifty cents. Oh, and while I was there, I also found this:



You do know what this is, don't you.

It's the pattern book that blew away from me before I had a chance to finish completing one of the sweaters (see last Thursday's post about my biggest knitting regret)! No kidding! The sweater pattern I love is the one in the top right in this photo:



After I caught my breath, I shelled out the purchase price of 29 cents and took it home. Unfortunately, I had already frogged the half-finished sweater and given the yarn to the DI.
Rats!!

I plan to pick a winner of my contest on Sunday so check back on Monday to learn who won.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.