Monday, August 22, 2005

Blame It On Amy


When I read on Amy's blog that she was on a quest for some black Cotton Ease yarn, I was happy to enable her. The local Hancock Fabric store just happened to have 10 skeins crying out for an owner. While I was there, I decided to pick up a couple of skeins for myself. I've never tried this yarn and was curious as to what all the fuss was about. Turns out, I also had a pattern booklet in my stash with a pattern that I've been dying to knit up for a while. So, the perfect match was made:



Pattern: Lace Edged Shell from Filatura Di Crosa's Spring/Summer Collection 2003
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease

Mary guessed correctly this week. Yikes! what a great guess.
I made a few alterations to the pattern. I knit a few less rows of ribbing and more rows of stockinette. Mainly because I didn't want the holes from the lace to expose too much of my stomach. I also used short rows for the shoulder shaping and then a three-needle bind off to join the front to the back at the shoulder. The pattern was wonderful, and I think the lace edging is clever. The yarn, well . . . let's just say I don't know what all the fuss is about. It was soft and it's certainly inexpensive, but I'm not sure I'll hoard it if I see more for sale.

Birthday Round Up


Thanks to everyone who sent me emails and e-cards for my birthday. DH came through with a fabulous gift. I guess he actually listens to me sometimes; or perhaps I did a better job this year of contantly repeating myself. So what was this fabulous prezzie? It was the book, Three-Cornered and Long Shawls, and six skeins of Icelandic lace-weight wool from Schoolhouse Press.
And what did I do all day? I spun up the kid mohair that Anne gave me for my birthday:




Isn't the color wonderful!

WIP of the Week


There's a twist to my WIP of the week this week and here are the photo hints. The first two were taken from the car on my way home from a short trip I took last week:

I saw this sign first:


And this sign about 30 minutes later:



Since the second photo sucks, I'll tell you that it says, "Welcome to Utah."

And, for the last clue, a photo of my WIP taken from the destination.



Can you guess the WIP and the vacation destination??


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.