Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Upstaged


I had intended to blog about a couple of FOs today, but my plans were thwarted last night at Stitch 'n Bitch. Val, one of the regulars, brought an afghan she'd recently completed and within an instant I realized it was totally superior to any of the stuff I'd brought to "show off."
So, without further ado, here's Val and her fabulous afghan (being held up by the statuesque, but hidden, Margene).



Isn't it amazing! Each square is different and Val said it took her three years to complete it. She got the idea after she took a cable class, knit up four squares, and tried to think of something to do with them. Because the squares were various sizes, she added the garter borders and even learned to crochet so she could even out the size of some of the squares. Brilliant!

What's Val doing for an encore? Since you asked, she's now working on THIS. Yikes! I'll crawl back into my little knitting hole now.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.