Monday, August 08, 2005

WIP of the Week


May I present, this week's WIP:



Do you have a guess as to what it is?

Contest Winner


The winner of my contest is Jessica. At the time I picked the winner, she'd left the 110th comment. Here's that comment, in which Jessica describes her biggest knitting nightmare:

I started a toddler sweater for my first son when I was pregnant with my second. It was going to be my first completed project ever. I knit all the pieces but couldn't figure out how to pick up the stitches around the neck. My LYS wouldn't help me unless I took a class. I gave up in frustration. Years later I finally pulled it out of the back of the closet. I saw that I had whipstitched (!) the fronts to the back reversed. So I picked them apart. In doing so I accidentally cut a hole in the back. I darned it and finished the neckline. I still haven't sewn the buttons on that damn thing. It is a size 2T. The son I was making it for is 7 and the son I was pregnant with is 5. I keep saying I'm saving it for a granchild but I am repulsed by the sweater. It's full of twisted stitches and odd little blips.


Congrats, Jessica.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.