Friday, August 26, 2005

WIP Revealed



I don't think anyone correctly identified this weeks' WIP. It was a Spey Valley sock from the book, Knitting on the Road.



Here's a photo of the detail at the top of the cuff.



I made the leg smaller than the pattern suggested both because I'm short and also because I wanted to make sure that at least some of the cuff peeks out when I wear the socks.

I've been meaning to knit this sock for a while and then Miriam gifted me some yarn that was perfect. She dyed some Knit Picks sock yarn using Kool Aid and a tie-dye technique that creates a yarn known as "flammegarn." The technique is explained very nicely, with great photos, here.

And, as some of you fellow Westerners guessed, my vacation destination was Las Vegas. How many of you knew that you have to pass through the Virgin River Gorge in Arizona when you drive from Las Vegas to Utah on I-15? That's three states in 30 minutes; quite unusual in the West.

Flower Basket Shawl


My Flower Basket Shawl is blocking as I type this:



It came out to be a nice size: 60 inches across the top and 25 inches down the center back.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.