Friday, August 12, 2005

WIP Revealed


Well, there weren't may guesses this week, but Kim was correct that the photo of my WIP shows two sleeves being knit simultaneously. Perhaps it was Kim's recent sleeve issues that made her sensitive. I always knit my sleeves simultaneously so that I don't have to keep track of shaping and so that both turn out the same length since I'm sure my gauge varies slightly depending on whether I'm stressed or relaxed when I'm knitting.



Yarn: Lane Borgosesia Knitusa (100% superwash wool)
Pattern: Blossoms and Bowties Baby Cardigan
Needles: Boye Needlemaster
Date Started: November 2004
Date Completed: August 8, 2005

If this sweater looks familiar, it's because I made another one last November out of a slightly heavier cotton yarn. After I finished the first, I immediately cast on for the second and was moving right along until I made a small mistake on the sleeves. I was in the throes of holiday knitting at that point so I just set it aside . . . for 9 months. I discovered it last weekend and was determined to finish it up. Less than 3 hours later the little devil was blocking. Unfortunately, the baby for whom it was intended is now far too large to fit into it. I'm thinking of donating it to this year's Utah Legal Aid auction. What do you think? Would anyone bid on this?

New Knitalong


I cleaned up my sidebar a little bit yesterday and added some links to my free patterns. I also joined a new knitalong; the Knitalong hosted by Jessica.
Isn't the pattern wonderful. And Jenna, the designer, is donating all the proceeds to charity. So head over and buy a copy.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.