Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina Campaign Update


I’ll be posting updates on our Katrina relief campaign as I have time. You can always check the Give A Little blog for more updates. But right now check the total on my sidebar. No, that’s not a misprint. Over $45,000 given as of Sunday morning. Amazing!

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, here’s a reprint of my post from last week:

Margene and I have decided to join forces to set up a Harlot-like relief effort for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

We're appealing to all knitters, and anyone else out there, to make a donation to the American Red Cross. Please give any amount you can spare. The price of a skein of yarn could make a huge difference to someone affected by this catastrophe. If you can't access the Red Cross Web site, please call this number: 1-800-435-7669

After you make your donation, email us at this email address: givealittle at gmail dot com. Put your name and the amount of your donation in the subject line (solely for purposes of keeping track of total donations). Each week we'll draw a name from those who have made a contribution (no matter the amount) and give away some prezzies. Both Margene and I intend to knit something and donate those items to the prize kitty. If you'd like to donate a prize in addition to your Red Cross donation, send us a second email with the word "Prize" in the subject line and we'll tell you where to send it. Also, please spread the word by mentioning this on your blog if you have one.

If you’ve written to us and haven’t heard back yet, it may be a week or so. We’ve received over 500 emails and want to make sure everyone’s donation is counted first.

New Prize!


On Friday I paid a visit to my favorite local dealer fiber artist,
Spinderella, to replenish my supply of roving. I mentioned our Katrina relief campaign to her and without skipping a beat she began loading me up with some of her wonderful, fabulous yarn to offer as a prize. Check it out:







This is one of the prizes Margene and I will award on Friday, so get your donation
information to us before then!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.