Monday, September 12, 2005

To Crochet, Or Not To Crochet. That Is My Question



As of Sunday night, only four rows and some serious blocking separated this lump o’ alpaca:



from this fabulous shawl:




The WIP of the Week this week is a gimme. It’s the Hyrna Herborgar shawl from the book, Three-Cornered and Long Shawls. But, I have a question. What do you think of the crocheted edging? Click on the picture to enlarge it and get a better look at the edging. Then click here, to see a photo of the shawl knit without the edging.

One minute I love it and think the shawl would be far less spectacular without it, but the next minute I think it’s too “over the top”and just a bit too dramatic for my taste. So, I need some advice. Should I work the crocheted edging around the bottom edge, or just bind off and call it good? Or should I just wait and see what Claudia does.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.