Friday, September 30, 2005

Two Outta Three Ain’t Bad


I wasn’t able to complete all three of my WIP socks, but I did manage to finish two of them. The first was the second of the pair:



I knit the first sock on the plane ride back from Italy this summer and then promptly forgot about it in the jet-lagged days that followed my return. The yarn is Lion Brand Magic Stripes, a yarn I should hate but don’t. It washes and wears like iron, although the red dye does have a tendency to bleed in the wash.

The second sock I finished this week was the first of a pair:



The yarn is ONline Caribic color and it was sent to me by Sibylle a couple of months ago. Aren’t the colors great. I haven’t Kitchenered the toe closed yet. When I knit socks from self-patterning yarn, I never complete the toe of the first sock until I’ve knit both. That way I can tweak the end so both socks match perfectly.

You all do that too . . . don’t you.

Oh, and has anyone else seen that they are selling shawls at the Gap!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.