Thursday, September 29, 2005

World’s Oldest UFO??



Laurie’s threats to hold a yard sale at her house inspired me to sort through some of the boxes and bags that are stacked in the unfinished portion of my basement. Imagine my surprise when I came upon a bag containing this long-forgotten, top-down kid's raglan sweater:



Let's see. If my memory serves me (an iffy proposition at best), I started this sweater when my son was about 2 years old. He's a sophomore in high school now. As you can see, all that separates this UFO from completion is the seam on one sleeve. Don't ask me why, but I'd already knit the button bands and the collar.

What do you think; could this be the world’s oldest UFO? Please tell me you have a UFO that's been lurking in a closet, just waiting to be seamed, for more than 13 years.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.