Thursday, October 06, 2005

Almost Slipped My Mind



Remember my Hyrna Herborgar shawl? Well, it’s been finished and blocked for quite some time now; but I’ve never gotten around to posting photos.

After reading all your wonderful comments and suggestions, I decided to work the crochet edging, but I asked the woman who blocked it to not stretch the loops too much. So, here it is. The first photo is me striking a Claudia pose:



The second is of Margene trying it out:



Pattern: Hyrna Herborgar shawl from the book Three-Cornered and Long Shawls (Þríhyrnur og Langsjöl) by Sigrídur Halldórsdóttir
Yarn: Misti Alpaca laceweight (slightly more than one skein)
Time to Knit: approximately 1 week

This is a wonderful, clever pattern that is much easier to knit than it looks. Once each stitch pattern is set up, you can immediately recognize any mistakes before you’ve knit to the point of no return. I made two modifications to the pattern:

1. I worked the crochet edging with a smaller hook than the pattern called for and worked 10 chain stitches instead of 8.
2. I fudged a couple of decreases in the second-to-last row.

I recommend the first modification, but not the second.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.