Sunday, October 09, 2005

Frolic and Detour



I had to make a quick trip out of town last Thursday, so I didn’t have a chance to photograph my progress on my WIP from last week. It’s not finished, but I’m just about at the half-way point. I don’t have a WIP this week because I started it at the airport on Thursday and finished it on the plane ride home, so I guess I’ll reveal both in a day or so.

My trip was short and I was able to re-shuffle some Saturday obligations so I could meet up with the SLC Stitch ‘n Bitch grrls on Saturday afternoon. First stop: lunch at the Avenues Bakery:



Starting on the left and working clockwise there’s Michaele, Margene, Teri, Miriam, and Laurie.

After lunch we headed over to our LYS, Black Sheep Yarn Co. for a book signing starring Nancy Bush, author of the new sock book, Knitting Vintage Socks. My group photo turned out horrific so here's one of just Nancy and Margene.



There was a wonderful turnout at the shop and Nancy was still busily autographing copies of the book when I left.

Has anyone started any of the patterns in the book yet??


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.