Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Highest and Best Use



Monday was a holiday and I resisted the urge to go into the office to clean up some loose ends. Instead, I decided to frog a few thrift store sweaters and reclaim some lovely wool. The first victim was a fabulous aran sweater made in Ireland from some wonderful ecru wool. Half an hour into the project, this is all that remained:



I then rummaged through some kitchen drawers and wrangled up some Kool Aid. It was a beautiful day so everything dried rather quickly:



The skein on the left was dyed with Blue Moon Berry and the one on the right with Black Cherry. By the end of the day, I had all of this:



It's hard to tell from the photo, but those are some seriously large hanks of yarn. The green was dyed with 4 packets of Arctic Apple Ice and 2 packets of Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade.

Next victim:



Socktoberfest Fête



I joined Lolly's Socktoberfest yesterday.



My non-lofty goal for October is to finish my second Spey Valley sock. I think even I can manage that.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.