Monday, October 31, 2005

New Sock On The Block



Today is the last day of Lolly’s Socktoberfest extravaganza so I have a SIP to report.



The yarn is Regia Mini-Ringel in shade 5217 and it was gifted to me last month by my soon-to-be-revealed "Better Pal." The pattern is my own. I've knit it before but this time I've been writing it down as I go. I'm knitting both socks at the same time because I intend to use an afterthought heel on these so I want the leg portion to match perfectly. Time will tell how close I come to achieving that lofty goal. I'll probably post photos of the afterthought heel as I knit it, although there are some good descriptions of the technique on the Web if you just Google afterthought heel. I use a technique that's more like a "postponed heel." I knit the heel before I finish the foot of the sock. Otherwise, I'm never certain whether I've knit the foot the proper length. Does anyone else do this? Or perhaps someone who knits her heel at the very end can comment on how to ensure that the foot is not too long or too short.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.