Thursday, November 10, 2005

Eliza, Don't Read This!!



Ok, Eliza, stop reading right now or you'll see your secret scarf.

The rest of you are welcome to read on.


Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information about My So-Called Scarf and for offering suggestions as to good scarf patterns for bulky weight yarn. Lu left a link to this cute pattern and I swatched it up. Unfortunately, it makes liberal use of the purl stitch which I'm unable to work because of my wonky thumb. So I just substituted k2tog for the p2tog and got this:



I think it's a keeper. Here's the pattern:
Cast on 22 stitches
Pattern Row: k1, *yo, k2tog; repeat until one st remains, k1

That's it. You just keep repeating the same row. Even my pea brain can remember that. Although the stitches slant, the scarf does not bias because they slant to the opposite side on the reverse. Yes, the pattern is completely reversible and looks identical on both sides. Perfect for a scarf.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.