Sunday, November 13, 2005

SOARing


Last Thursday, I played hooky from work and hitched a ride with Margene to Park City for the SOAR market. Michaele joined us at the first stop, The Fold, where we loaded up on skeins of Socks That Rock. Damn, so many choices and all of them were so gorgeous:



Next up was The Wooly West where I got an Estonian mitten booklet that I’ve been meaning to order from Nancy for a while. She showed us some cute bookplates that she just got. If you call her and order some, she’ll autograph as many as you want and then you don’t have to send your book to her if you want it personalized. Great idea.
Here’s Nancy signing some for Margene:



Margene made sure she got the names right:



Next stop, Windy Valley Muskox where Margene and I bought the most beautiful shawl pattern. Unfortunately, the recommended yarn was qiviut and I just couldn’t justify three skeins of it. But it was fabulous.
We browsed through several more booths before calling it quits. Here's the haul being protected by Margene and Michaele:



But, believe it or not the best part was not about anything I bought. It involves this wonderful, fabulous spinner:



You'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to find out why.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.