Thursday, November 17, 2005

Unmasked


The Autumn 2005 Better Pal Exchange ended on Tuesday and I discovered that the knitter who gifted to me was Rebecca! Here are the contents of the last package I received from Rebecca:



A bar of fig/apple soap (manufactured, I might add, by one of my favorite soap companies), a cute little candle that smells like sugar (yum!), and a luscious skein of Manos del Uruguay. I think it screams hat; what do you think? There was a bar of chocolate, too, but I think we all know why it’s not in the photo.

Rebecca has been a major contributor to my ever-growing pile of UFOs. I'm still knitting the socks from the Regia yarn she sent me and I'm steadily knitting along on the Old Shale Shawl from the Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud. I've only been working on it at Stitch 'n Bitch but it's growing steadily:



Thanks for everything, Rebecca; you were a fantastic Better Pal.

Knit Unto Others



Carole and Margene have formed a short-term charity knitalong which I joined yesterday. I've got one hat finished already:



Pattern: my own
Yarn: The very last bit of some Bartlett cone yarn gifted to me by Maggie (I've knit a lot of charity items from this yarn, Maggie!)

Go check out the Knit Unto Others web site. There are lots of helpful links and a listing of charites that need your help.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.