Friday, December 02, 2005

The Seriatim Series


Jo (who made a couple of top-down hats) has convinced me to do a second seriatim pattern next week. This one will be a small felted gift bag. So search through your stash this weekend for the following materials:

1. a 100g skein of worsted-weight wool that felts easily
2. a set of 6.5mm (U.S. 10.5) double-pointed needles (6mm or 8mm needles will work just as well)

Come back on Monday and we'll get started. If there's enough interest, I may continue doing these seriatim patterns every couple weeks or so. Interested???

Also, I finally uploaded a photo of Sue's hat:



Isn't it adorable. She used Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky yarn and worked the ear flaps with short rows. Clever!
Jessica made a hat, too (from some beautiful handspun), and is still laboring over one from sock-weight yarn. That's dedication.

But, best of all, I got an email from Betsy last night. She took all of my top-down hat posts and combined them into one, easy-to-read pattern. I converted it to a .pdf file and posted a link to it on my sidebar.
See it?
Now you can print out the pattern and make a hat whenever you want. How about a huge shout out to Betsy. Thanks!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.