Monday, January 09, 2006

Finished


Here's my first FO of 2006



Yarn: OnLine Caribic sent to me by Sibylle
Pattern: My own generic, top-down, 64-stitch sock pattern
Needles: Plymouth 2.25mm bamboo double-points

They're nearly identical . . . off by only a couple of stitches actually.



I can live with that.

Anne Shawls


I received quite a few wonderful suggestions for shawl patterns that could be made from one skein of Anne sock yarn. Margene and Chris were also interested in your suggestions so here they are:

Julia suggested Caryl's Kerchief, which can now be purchased without the yarn from Foxy Knits. I made one of these last year but ran out of yarn way before I was finished. Anyone else have that problem?

Kate suggested Judy Pascale's Shapley Shawlette pattern. I don't have this pattern but wonder how similar it is to Evelyn Clark's Versatile Scarves pattern and the Caryl's Kerchief pattern. I've knit both of those and they both use slightly unusual shaping to create elongated ties so the shawl stays on better. Kate thought Judy's pattern was different. Has anyone made a Shapley Shawlette??

Betsy suggested a Spiral Nebula shawl from Heartstings. Marie linked to this Candle Flame shawl pattern. Hmmm . . . two more possibilities.

Cassie suggested Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy shawl. And Carole (who just bought a new wheel . . . you go, grrl!) suggested the Flower Basket Shawl.

She who needs no link covered all the bases and suggested Leaf Lace, Diamond Fantasy, and Flower Basket. Stephanie made her Diamond Fantasy shawl out of one skein of Fleece Artist sock yarn. Come to think of it, I just might have a skein of that Fleece Artist stashed somewhere.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.