Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A is For . . .



Anne, for organizing the 2006 ABC-along.



Great idea or what.

I've tentatively decided to try and tie the ABC-Along together with Kim's Stash-along. Every other week I'll try and find a yarn, needle, or pattern in my stash that begins with the appropriate letter.

For my first ABC-along post, I present . . .



my stash of Anne sock yarn.

I've only knit up one skein of it so far and I've gifted the socks so I can't show them to you. But it was wonderful yarn to knit with. It's a merino/mohair/nylon blend but the mohair is smooth, not fuzzy. I've heard that it's wonderful for shawls, too, and I've got the white/yellow/blue skein earmarked for another Feather and Fan triangle shawl.

When I got the skeins out to photograph them, I realized how predictable I am when it comes to choosing colors.



Two nearly identical "one-of-a-kind" skeins, purchased at two completely different times in two completely different states.
What were the odds of that.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.