Friday, January 27, 2006

PTKD



Thanks to everyone who directed me to kippah patterns. Who knew there was even a Kippalong! Well, obviously Gail knew since she left me a comment with the link. Thanks, Gail.

The jury's still out about exactly how I'll knit mine, but I've been toying with the idea of a star top like the top-down hat I made last year from an old doily pattern. That might be nice. I also dug out the kippah I made my son for his Bar Mitzvah.



Just looking at this gave me flashbacks to the horror of knitting it. Hence the title of today's post: PTKD (i.e., Post Traumatic Knitting Disorder). True to form, I left myself, oh, maybe three days to knit it. And, in case you can't tell from the blurry photo, it's knit with cotton crochet thread at a gauge of 12 stitches per inch.

2mm needles + cotton crochet thread + a deadline = the project from hell if there ever was one.

Pass the smelling salts; I'm feeling faint.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.