Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tell The Truth



I promised a friend I’d knit a baby sweater for her and I decided to try out the pattern before I knit the real thing. She choose the "Baby, Baby" sweater from Jill Eaton’s book, Minnies. It's a cute, simple, hooded cardigan. The sample in the book is knit from Berroco Plush yarn. I searched my stash for an appropriate substitute but there's a dearth of cotton or acrylic bulky-weight yarn at Chez I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can. The closest I could get was the three skeins of Moda Dea Wild yarn that caught DD’s eye several months ago at the craft store. I cast on with abandon over coffee on Tuesday morning and had the back finished at lunch. The two fronts were completed by the end of Stitch ‘N Bitch on Tuesday evening. By dinner on Wednesday, all that remained was the hood.

I asked both DD and DS for their thoughts on the project. Both agreed that the pattern was cute, but the yarn was a bit . . . well . . . creepy. I believe DS summed it up best when he said, "It's cute in a hideous sort of way."

Decide for yourself:





I briefly thought about knitting a simple collar instead of the hood. But, with the hood, I figure the recipient baby will have the option of covering her face so no one will recognize her in the sweater. Here's the question though . . . When I bring this up to Primary Children’s Medical Center, will they laugh behind my back before or after the door hits me in the arse?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.