Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Half Way Point



Several weeks ago, we had a small fête at our Tuesday night Stitch ‘N Bitch group. As part of the festivities, we all contributed a small, knitting-related gift and held a Yankee Swap. I went home with the gift contributed by Teri: a huge, skein o’ acrylic boucle (note the key for size perspective):



My favorite part is this “warning” on the label.



I mean, really. I can’t even conceive of a project that would require more than one of these skeins. In fact, you could probably knit hats for an entire village from one skein. But, since I don’t have a village to knit for, I’m using my skein to make a baby blanket. I've been working on it for several weeks now and just made it to the half-way point last night. Here's DS helping me out by holding it aloft for the photo session:



OK, 'fess up. You're all thinking, "Is she really knitting with acrylic yarn??" See, I'm not the yarn snob you may think I am. In fact, this yarn actually doesn’t suck (too much) and the blanket has been a wonderful, mindless project that I work on during lunch or at Stitch N’ Bitch. And, it’s destined for donation to an up-coming silent auction being held by Utah Legal Services.

I’m sure most of you have made a baby blanket like this; it’s essentially a huge dishcloth knit from point to point. But, in case you’re interested, the pattern is simple. Each increase row is worked as: k2, yo, knit to the end of the row.
Just work this same row until the piece is as large as you’d like then begin decreasing by repeating this row: k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, knit to the end of the row.

Pretty simple. I don’t get confused even when I’m flappin’ my jaw at Stitch N’ Bitch.

Contest Update


Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions for a name for my scarf pattern. I’ll be collecting them until Friday and I’ll pick a winner on Saturday. So there’s still time to submit an idea.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.