Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hallelujah!



What's this? Looks like my 5.5mm Holz & Stein circular needles are empty:



That can only mean one thing. The acrylic baby blanket is finished. (Sorry for the glare in the photo. It was sunny today for the first time in several days.)



I'm a bit disappointed with the finished blanket. It's not completely square and that bothers me because I'm donating it to a silent auction and want it to be attractive. The yarn is 80% acrylic and 20% nylon. I tried wet blocking it into a 40-inch square and it looked fine until about 2 hours after I removed the pins and blocking wires. Then it torqued slightly. Do you think I can steam block acrylic into submission or is it futile to even try?

Oh, and my Rick Rack felted purse pattern is now available from Knit Picks. Just click on the photo to order a hard copy.



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.