Monday, February 06, 2006

New Pattern and a Contest


I'm not quite finished test-knitting my new pattern yet, but this is what it will look like when it's finished (hopefully):



It's a rectangular lace scarf knit in the Orenberg style. In other words, the bottom border is knit first, the bottom corners are shaped with short-rows, the side borders are knit along with the center panel, the top border is knit horizontal to the center panel, and the top corners are shaped with short-rows. I've chosen a fairly simple stitch for the center (it has patterning only on the right side).



It's a nice introduction to Orenberg shawl construction without being an overwhelming project. Hopefully, it will just whet your appetite for more Orenberg. I knit the one in the photo from just one skein of Kidsilk Haze and I'm testing it with some lace-weight wool/silk from my stash.

Here's the contest part.
I can't, for the life of me, come up with a name for the pattern so I'm solicting suggestions from anyone who cares to offer one. You can either leave me a comment, or email me. If the name you suggest is chosen, you win the red/orange cashmere sweater I blogged about last week. You can frog it or wear it; your choice. So enter early and enter often.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.