Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hats Off to Amber


Thanks to everyone who has left me a comment or sent me an email about my Amber hat pattern in the March edition of MagKnits. There was a little glitch with the color chart in the morning, but Kerrie got it fixed quickly. If you printed the pattern out yesterday morning, you may want to check and see if the new and improved chart was added after you printed.

The hat is knit entirely on circular needles (for those of you who are dpn-phobic). At the end, the stitches are divided onto two straight needles and bound off using a three needle bind-off. I thought it would be helpful to show you what the top of the hat looks like:



I used the pattern to teach three people to knit just this last fall. For each of them, it was their first knitting project. Pretty impressive. Margene and Teri have also knit hats from the pattern and maybe they’ll share their photos this week. Here’s one I knit from some darker colors:





This is a fast project and perfect for charity knitting. Have fun with it.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.