Sunday, April 02, 2006

G is for . . .

Garnstudio:



and

GGH:



These yarns are nice, cotton chenilles. I used the Garnstudio to knit some Reverse Bloom washclothes for teacher gifts last year and it was wonderful to work with. I used some of the GGH for a baby sweater. Great stuff; the knitted fabric felt like velvet.

As much as I loved knitting with both of these yarns, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I just don’t have the space to continue storing all the stash I own. Because I’m less like to knit up the cotton yarns in my stash, they’re on the chopping block first. So, I just listed these two yarns on the DeStash blog. Go have a look.

Sock Alert


For those of you who aren’t aware of this, I am the owner and list mom of the Yahoo group, Six Sox Knitalong. A new, exclusive pattern is added to the group’s archives every two months and the members (2,644 at last count) all knit along on the same sock. The new pattern was announced on April 1st and it’s one I designed for the group.



I used a stitch pattern that has a six-stitch, six-row so I called the sock "Sixth Sense Socks." The garter-stitch, short-row heel is meant to compliment the hemmed cuff and garter toe.



The pattern is free but you must be a member of the Six Sox group. Click on the link below to join in on the fun.



Click here to join Six_Sox_Knitalong
Click to join Six_Sox_Knitalong



Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.