Thursday, April 27, 2006

Grande Finale

OK, it’s time to wind up the dyeing series. I have several skeins left to show.
The first is a skein I gave Eliza for her birthday. I literally dyed it two hours before I gave it to her, so I took the photo while it was drying on the passenger seat of my car as I drove to Stitch ‘N Bitch:





Yarn: Patons Classic Wool (winter white color)
Dye: Gaywool (I used the olive color dye in 4 different strengths)
Method: Rainbow Dyeing (I believe Lynne Vogel calls this method, "hot pour" in her book, Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook)
Colorway Name: Laurie a/k/a Green-Eyed Grrl (isn't the inspiration for the name obvious)

The next three skeins were dyed using the dip-dyeing method I blogged about on April 4, 2006. I rewound the hanks into longer hanks, tied them in many, many places (essential to prevent tangling!), and then immersed large sections in Mason jars filled with different dyes.







Yarn: Knit Picks Color Your Own (which, BTW, does not contain 440 yards per skein; measure yourself)
Dye: Wilton Icing Dye (I don’t remember the colors I used)
Method: Dip-Dyeing
Colorway Name: Bonnie (calm and serene)

Next:





Yarn: Knit Picks Color Your Own
Dye: Wilton Icing Dye (yellow, leaf green, sky blue) and Rit (black)
Method: Dip-Dyeing
Colorway Name: Gwen (The yellow gives it that small spark of defiance. Plus, it has black in it so it has to be named after Gwen.)

Finally:









Yarn: Brown Sheep NatureSpun Sport (natural)
Dye: Kool Aid (grape, black cherry, pink lemonade, berry blue, and watermelon kiwi)
Method: Dip-Dyeing
Colorway Name: Katherine (‘cause it’s got a little bit of everything in it).


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.