Thursday, April 06, 2006

Project-less

Margene’s post today really struck a chord with me. I, too, am currently in a knitting "funk." Which explains all my recent posts about dyeing and spinning. Oh, did I forget to post about the spinning? I guess that’s next week's topic.

Anyway, I’m desperately searching for a new project but nothing has caught my eye lately. I’d like to find a nice lace project but I’m completely sick of triangle-shaped shawls. In the meantime, I guess I’ll continue to knit socks. Here’s a pair I finished a week or two ago. (And, yes, that is a round toe.)



They were knit from some Knit Picks color-your-own yarn that I dyed with Kool Aid quite a while ago. I used my crock pot, but instead of mixing the Kool Aid into a solution before pouring it on the yarn, I sprinkled the dry Kool Aid onto the yarn right from the packet.

The pattern is based on the Catch Of The Day pattern that was briefly posted to the Six Sox Knitalong. The original pattern had some purl stitches thrown in but I hated the way they looked. So I changed all the purl stitches to knit stitches. I believe the stitch pattern I used is the January 15 entry in the 365 Knitting Stitches A Day Calendar (fishtail lace or something like that). I just inserted it into my "mental" sock template and knit away.

I also finished a second pair of Sixth Sense Socks, using a lovely skein of Online Supersocke that Kadri sent me.



Jane recently sent me two skeins of Lorna’s Laces Shepard Sock in the Gold Hill colorway. Yum! IMHO, it's the most beautiful colorway Lorna’s produces. I’m thinking of using it to knit the entrelac socks in the Summer 2004 issue of Knitter’s Magazine.
Has anyone made these???


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.