Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Skein #2

Here's the next skein in my dyeing series. This one began as two, 50g skeins of retina-searing, florescent yellow Regia sock yarn.

You may have to shield your eyes:



See, I warned you.

Recognizing that I had no use for such a color, I plowed ahead and over-dyed it in the newly acquired stock pot. I have no photos of the actual dyeing process, but here are the finished skeins:





Yarn: Regia sock-weight (wool/nylon)
Dye: Gaywool (lucerne, olive, and cedar) (The olive really toned down the original yellow color.)
Method: Rainbow dyeing

Continuing in the tradition of naming the colorways for famous Utah knit-bloggers, I’ve decided to call this colorway "Teri."
Why?
Because it may be sedate on the outside, but if you scratch below the surface you'll find something bright and surprising.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.