Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Skein #3

Today's skein looked almost good enough to eat while it was in the crock pot:





And, the finished hank just happens to be my favorite color:





Specifics:
yarn: Knit Picks Color Your Own
dye: Gaywool dye (in the color madder orange)
dyeing method: immersion dyeing in the crock pot

I don't know if it's the fact that the Knit Picks yarn is not white (but more cream/ecru) or some other reason, but it seems to take longer for the dye to exhaust than the other yarns I've used for dyeing and the color is not so intense. Has anyone else notice this?

I've named this colorway "Eliza" because, like Eliza, it's mostly solid but once in a while you come across a bit of variation that's quite unexpected.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.