Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yes, Virginia, I Am Knitting A Sweater

Kudos to all of you who guessed that the green yarny "thang" in last week's post was a sweater. Its origin goes back to a few Saturdays ago when I was in the The Wool Cabin, one of two yarn shops within walking distance (ha, ha) of my house. I asked Jes if the shop had any interesting, new patterns and she recommended a sweater in this magazine:



Of course, I immediately recoiled in horror from the cover project and nearly refused to open the magazine. Trust me, people, this is probably not a magazine I would ever voluntarily remove from a shelf. But, true to her word, Jes showed me a perfectly accepatable cardi on page 20. And better yet, I had the yarn at home to make it.
Isn't that surprising.

The project went to the top of the heap and I cast on last Sunday. I altered the bottom band a bit, knitting only 3 repeats of the lace pattern instead of 4.
Hey, I'm short.

I finished the back just before I left for Boston:



And I've got the fronts on the needles now:



I have lots of thoughts and comments on this pattern, and the process of knitting a sweater. So you haven't heard the last of me.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.