Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Checking the Trekking Stash

Notwithstanding the fact that I haven’t even added the Amazing Lace button to my sidebar yet, I went ahead and signed up for Norma and Margene’s Trek-Along. And from the look of it, the rest of you have signed up too. Yikes, that’s a lot of trekking.

Signing up was the easy part. I’m now faced with the daunting task of choosing a colorway, not to mention a pattern. I dug through my stash this morning and pulled out several skeins of Trekking.

Which one will make the cut?


The marled shades (#100 and #108):

IMG_1401

or the variegated (#07 and #09):

IMG_1402

or some solid colors:

IMG_1406

or some ragg-type colorways:

IMG_1405

At first I intended to use colorway #100, but saw that a huge percentage of the participants in the knitalong have already selected that colorway. Can’t be one of the bunch now, can I.

At this point I’m leaning toward colorway #07 which is pretty mix of purples and blues and pinks. The colors in that skein are kinda muted and "dusty," not the screaming crayon colors I hate. Plus, the skein was a gift from Kadri and I typically knit up gifted skeins before ones I purchase myself. As much as I love to buy yarn, it’s much more fun to knit with yarn that’s been received as a gift.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.