Monday, May 22, 2006

From My Dye Pot to Your Needles

I did a little dyeing over the weekend and I'm offering up my babies creations for sale. I've been experimenting with creating more subtle colorways and these are the best of the bunch. In fact, it's kinda hard to part with them but, dang, I can't keep everything.

The yarn is a soft, 2-ply, 100% superwash
merino wool. I've dyed it with acid dyes so the colors are washfast and lightfast. For socks, I would recommend a size 2.0 or 2.25mm needle.

I'm calling the first colorway "Red Sky At Night." It's a mix of oranges and pinks, nearly identical to
this yarn I spun from my hand-dyed roving.





Price: $23.00 for approximately 4oz/525yds - SOLD

The second colorway is called "Stormy Seas." It's a subtle mix of greens and blue-greens.





Price: $23.00 for approximately 4oz/525yds - SOLD

The third colorway is a gorgeous deep, blue-green (can you tell this is my favorite of the three) which has only the most subtle variegation. I used two colors of dye and the "very slightly not solid" look was intentional. I'm calling this colorway "Tourmaline."





Price: $23.00 for approximately 4oz/525yds - SOLD

Email me if you’re interested. If you want to pay with PayPal, I can only take the cash-funded variety; no cards.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.