Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dyed and Gone to Cara

In case you’ve been living under a knit-blogger’s rock, you know that Cara has organized a Spin-Out for Central Park on June 24th. She’s also coordinating a donation drive for Heifer International. I won't repeat everything Cara has already eloquently said, so just hop over to this site in which she explains it all. I would, however, like to emphasize that there will be prizes, uber-fantastic prizes, for those who donate to Heifer using the Registry Cara has set up.

I can't make it to the Spin-Out (unfortunately, DD expects me to attend her Bat Mitzvah that day) but I promised Cara I’d donate some hand-dyed roving so I broke out the dyepot to create the perfect colorway for the event.

Voila:



And, in case you were wondering what it will look like spun up, I just might have kept a little for myself:


Not content to stop at roving, I added some yarn to the dyepot. On the top is a 100% merino superwash yarn and the bottom is a wool/nylon sock yarn. I find it so interesting that I got such different results using the exact same concentration of dye.


And, what's this??


Who knew you could use your kitchen for something other than dyeing fiber.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.