Sunday, July 30, 2006

Knitting & Spinning & Lunch–Oh My

Knitting
It was hot as hell again this weekend so I didn’t venture far from the comfort of the air-conditioned house. The upside of the miserable weather is that I finished knitting a scarf that I started eons ago. It’s a mystery to me why it took me so long to complete this simple project; I think it’s been on the needles for close to 3 weeks.

Picture 157

Picture 159

It’s a scribble lace scarf; a slight variation of this pattern. I got the ribbon yarn at Roberts (don’t worry, Teri, I used my 40% off coupon) and the Crystal Palace Kid Merino at Soul Spun. The ribbon yarn was surprisingly fun to knit with; the Kid Merino not so much. I had a problem with the mohair separating from the nylon core as I knit. Anyone else notice that?

Spinning
I also manage to spin up 4oz of Amy’s roving in the Macaw colorway:

Picture 160

Not the colors I’m usually drawn to, but I think I bought up all the red-orange rovings she offered a couple weeks ago. I actually like the finished yarn and it may be destined for socks if I can free up my 3mm needles.

Lunch
On Saturday I had the absolute pleasure of lunching with Margene and Kim at Café Normandie. Kim drove down to spend the weekend with Margene and they kindly allowed me to tag along for part of the day. Huge fun! Kim was such a doll. I’m hoping she returns in September for the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair.

Oh My
We just finalized our summer vacation plans and the destination is Washington D.C. I’ll be there some time between the 15th and the 24th of August. Any shops or Stitch ‘n Bitch groups I shouldn’t miss?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.