Sunday, July 09, 2006

N is for . . .

Nature Spun Worsted by Brown Sheep Company.

Nature Spun is one of my favorite yarns for felting. I’ve found that it felts much faster than some other wools and it seems to throw off a little less fiber. Good for the washing machine, too, I guess. A double strand makes a nice, sturdy felted fabric.

I like Nature Spun so much that I have a bit of a collection of it. Every time I go to the LYS, I try to pick up a color that I don’t already own so I can "stash shop" when I get the urge to start a new felted project at 10:00 on a Sunday night.

My current Nature Spun stash resides in its own Rubbermaid bin. Should I be embarrassed to admit that?

NatureSpun2

NatureSpun

Sunday Sky


Sunday’s sky from the driveway is not looking as promising as Saturday’s.

SundaySky

That big plume of smoke to the west can’t be good.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.