Wednesday, July 19, 2006

O is for . . . .

Opal Sockenwolle

opal

10,900 grams of Opal to be exact. Enough for at least 109 pairs of socks with probably a few hundred grams left over.

I was a little apprehensive about posting a photo of most of my Opal stash. But after gathering it all together I realized it's not as large as I feared. I've been slowly either knitting it up or swapping it. But here are some of my "prized" skeins.

sizzler
This skein is from the long-forgotten "Summer Sizzler" series. I *heart* this skein so much I don't think I could ever bring myself to knit with it. I searched in vain for another skein a year or two ago but had no success. Got one to trade??


royal
Remember Opal Royal??? It was probably the first sock yarn with lurex added for sparkle. And it was unusual for Opal because it was put up in 50 gram skeins


tiger
Here's a skein of original Tiger, a prototype of the new Tiger, and the Tiger from the Rainforest Collection. I actually think I like the prototype skein the best.


And the best part about gathering up all the Opal for the photo shoot? I found two skeins of Trekking that I forgot all about.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.