Monday, July 10, 2006

Stuck At The Border

Taking photos of my Langsjal Jóhönnu for the 4th Amazing Lace challenge spurred me to the finish line. I've been working almost exclusively on socks lately (yes, you'll see the new designs soon) so it was refreshing to change course and knit real lace.

When I took the photo for the Amazing Lace challenge on Thursday, I had completed 14 repeats of the center pattern:

Picture 134

I just finished repeat #25.

langsjal

The pattern calls for 28 repeats of the center pattern but I've decided to stop at 25. Aaah, the benefits of being short; less length to knit.

But here's why I'm "stuck at the border." I cast on fewer border stitches than the pattern called for and I vaguely remember doing something exceedingly clever after I knit the first border to get the number of stitches to work out properly for the center pattern. It was so clever I've now forgotten what I did. So, although I should be starting the second border, I'm now frantically looking through scraps of paper to see if I memorialized this on a scrap of parchment.

Please tell me I've written this down somewhere.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.